This page has moved to a new address.

 Easter Sunday Offerings

Grassroots Powdersurfing: Easter Sunday Offerings

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday Offerings

Waking up to bluebird skies again caught me by surprise. I had not got home until 10 pm last night. Yesterday's 12 hour powsurf session worked me pretty good. I was too tired to call anyone that night and I just crashed. So I got busy this morning and called around to everyone I knew to find someone to go shred with- No luck. I couldn't let a bluebird powder day in late april get away from me so I embarked on a solo mission.


Strapped with 3 powsurfs and my camera gear, I set off into the backcountry. It wasn't long before I came across a zone I'd had my eyes on earlier this season. I found a perfect natural roller and some cold pow pow to land in. So the session began.

I sent the roller a couple of times and it was pretty sweet and bigger than I had anticipated. Made for some decent still and video shots.

The shadows from the trees were moving quick with the sun, so I let this dictate which features to hit. The roller was obscured by shadows so I milked a couple of pow runs nearby.

Another nearby mini roller was good for some slashes and some ollies

The sun had kinda gotten to this pow but it was still slashworthy


Backside 180 on the mini roller

I found a little diving board with a nice steep landing. Perfect set up for getting tricky off of. A did a couple of kickflips to pass the time.




Before I knew it my roller was back in the sun and ready to hit a couple more times.


This Easter was a memorable one. Riding solo for the day wasn't so bad, it is hard to push yourself because there is no one there to stoke you up and you don't want to get hurt up there. But I had plenty of time to get creative with framing shots and really think things thru. I'm stoked that I didn't let this powder day get away from me.


Happy Easter!



Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home