This page has moved to a new address.

 Powsurfing the "Secret Bowl"

Grassroots Powdersurfing: Powsurfing the "Secret Bowl"

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Powsurfing the "Secret Bowl"


"Secret Bowl" - One of my all time favorite zones.


The view from the top

The view from the bottom


Today was the perfect day for a first decsent of the northeast face of "Secret Bowl". I powsurfed the north face of the bowl a couple of years ago as well as last year and finally the conditions were ripe to get the NE face.

The drop in of the run is usually the toughest part due to wind and sun damage. You kind of just have to point it thru that stuff and catch yourself with a turn as soon as the snow turns good. That really gets the heart pumping.... I felt like Danny Way dropping into the mega-ramp up there.
The first turn

The first turn was a good one! Thank God- or I would have been starfishing down the mountain uncontrollably. Now I have 1200 vertical of fresh pow ahead of me to slash before reaching the bottom. 20 turns and 10 or so faceshots later, I was at the bottom with a shit eating grin on my face. That was one of the funnest powsurf runs I have ever had.

Getting Barreled
Two perfect windlips awaited me near the bottom - begging me to slash them.

crushing the lip


The first run got me so stoked, especially after slashing two deep windlips near the bottom. I had to get me some more of that. So we charged back to the top for another.

Round 2!

Threading the needle - High speed ollie


Another perfect windlip waited for me near the bottom


We only had time for a half day today so we unwillingly packed up our gear and headed for home. We had scored much better conditions than we bargained for and it was really hard to leave so much sick terrain and untouched pow behind. I hope I can make it back before the season is up. Fingers crossed.





Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home